- DOB: January, 28th, 1979
- Nationality: Italian
- Resident in Berlin, Germany
Senior Big Data Engineer
Quandoo – Berlin, Germany – (04/2017-now)
Senior Big Data and Business Intelligence Engineer employed in Marketing-Tech department.
Data Scientist and Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer
Freelance consultant – (04/2013-03/2017)
AI Software Engineer, Data Scientist and Euro-project Manager involved in different business contexts (Public administrations, Utilities, NATO/military organizations, Healthcare and Diagnostics Informatics, Online advertising).
Main skills and methodologies:
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Networks, Natural Language Processing
- SciPy, MatplotLib, Scikit-Learn, Keras, Scikit-Fuzzy, OpenCV, Scikit-Image, NLTK, DeepLearning4J, Theano, Tensorflow
- R (Statistical computing, machine learning)
- Wolfram Programming Language (Mathematica)
- OOA/OOD/OOP, AOP
- Agile, Scrum, XP
Languages and technologies:
- Java/J2EE, C/C++ (11 & 14), Python (2.x, 3.x), Scala
- Hadoop (Map/Reduce, Hive, Pig, Tez, Spark)
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix
- Mobile applications, Android (SDK and NDK), OpenGL
- European project management (Europe 2014-2020 financial plans).
Android applications design and programming:
- Pocket Requirements, an Android application that allows software engineers to collect and manage software requirements through UP (Unified Process) lifecycle.
- AlertMeWhen, an Android application that allows people to set alerts associated with their favorite places and get notified when walking nearby.
Computer Science Teacher
Gauss Institute – Rome – (12/2014-07/2015)
High school and university level. Network and systems, OOP, OOA/OOD, Modeling and architectural project. Enterprise architectures, SOA.
Selling Service Manager
Abbott Diagnostics – Rome – (11/2011-03/2013)
Selling service manager for “in-vitro” diagnostics market. I’m responsible for the Italian service plan and I’m part of the Global Selling Service Team, involved in different international projects, marketing meetings, NPS analysis, and proactive activities.
During this experience, I was also involved in a Prosci Change Management course and certification in Delkenheim ADD headquarter.
IT Solution Manager
Abbott Diagnostics – Rome – (03/2010-10/2011)
IT and Service Solution Manager in Abbott Diagnostics Italy – Sales department (formerly in the Marketing dept.). I led a team of 9 IT Champions throughout Italy in order to promote, integrate, sell and widespread new diagnostics IT solutions as a part of our IVD offering. I adopted UML, ITIL v3, and ISO/IEC 20000 methodologies to model user requirements and provide high-efficiency services. Moreover, I was mainly responsible for AIS (Abbott Informatics Solutions, a brand new division based on Starlims LIMS technological platform) project start-ups and management in Italy.
During this experience, I was also involved in several educational and professional courses about Advanced Selling Skills, Presentation Skills, Lean Six Sigma Consulting, Blue Ocean Strategy, Selling to the C-Suite Skills and Diagnostics Technology.
Service & IT Consultant
Abbott Diagnostics – Rome – (04/2009-02/2010)
Selling services and value-added IT solutions development focused on “in-vitro” diagnostics market. I was a part of the Global Selling Service Team and was involved in different international meetings, projects, and activities.
ICT Business Consultant and Project Manager
Insiel – Rome – (03/2006-03/2009)
Business Analyst/Technology Consultant and Project Manager involved in large projects for Italian central public administrations, in particular:
- Ministry of Justice (Process analysis of criminal trials and plaintiff interaction modeling)
- Ministry of Defense (Business and Technology Consultant of NATO Codification System – NCS – processes according to both to domestic and international standards imposed by NAMSA)
- Specialist sales support for Blood Bank Information Systems (Healthcare IT).
Big Data and Analytics Summer School
University of Essex, UK – (2016)
Curation and management of big data, advanced techniques and methods including artificial intelligence and statistical methods, or applications of big data in fields ranging from business and finance to bioinformatics.
MPA, Master of Public Administration
University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy – (2006-2007)
Dissertation title: “E-Government scenarios analysis with particular focus on Digital Signature Applications”. Italian name for this Master Degree is “Master di II livello in Ingegneria delle Pubbliche Amministrazioni”.
M.Eng., Electronics Engineering
University of Catania, Italy – (1998-2005)
Specific Course of Studies: Automatic Controls and Adaptive Systems. Dissertion titled: “Development of an innovative computer system for analyzing MEG (Magneto-electro-encephalographic) cerebral signals”.
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Java/J2EE, C/C++, Python, Scala
- UML, OOA/OOD/OOP
- Android SDK and NDK
Prosci Change Management certified. Certified and Qualified Euro-project manager (Europe 2007-2013 and 2014-2020 financial plans).
Business Process Modeling and Reengineering, Product and project management, Account and stakeholder planning and management, Change Management, Customer Service and Relationship Management, NPS, Start-up management, Blue Ocean processes.
Software application modeling and design, UML/MDA, RUP, Agile methodologies, ITIL, ISO/IEC 20000, SOA, J2EE, Design Patterns and Enterprise Architecture Patterns, REST, Spring, Android, Node.js.
AI and automation skills: SCADA, ISA-95.
I’m also a creative and technical writer and I’ve published several papers and publications.
- Italian (mother tongue)
- English (Fluent, full business proficiency)
- IEEE Computer Society
- IEEE Computantional Intelligence Society
- Agile Manifesto
- Orcid (http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6550-3547)
Psychological Profile (ENFJ): Read my psychological report